How much does small business insurance cost?
Sample business insurance policy quotes and cost averages.
To help you become familiar with typical insurance plans for IT businesses, we have assembled three package liability and property insurance policies. These examples illustrate the ways in which coverages and limits can be adapted to fit different-sized companies with varied operations.
Sample Business Insurance Policy Estimates by Company Size
Please choose the category that bests suits your business type:
Sample Business Insurance Quotes by Policy Type and Coverage
- Commercial General Liability Insurance Costs – If you own a business, Commercial General Liability Insurance (also called General Liability Insurance) is the first kind of coverage you should consider. The cost of CGL Insurance depends largely on whether you're a sole proprietor, head of a well-established company, or something in between.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance (aka Professional Liability Insurance) Quotes – Errors and Omissions Insurance (commonly called E&O Insurance) protects small-business owners from lawsuits alleging that their professional advice caused injury or financial damage. E&O coverage is particularly important for tech professionals, who often offer advice-based services and work with sensitive client data.
- Sample Umbrella Insurance Quotes – Umbrella Insurance lets you extend the coverage limits on several of your existing business liability insurance policies at once. In most cases, buying a single Umbrella policy is more cost-effective than extending the limits on multiple policies individually. Typically sold in coverage units of $1 million, the cost of Umbrella Insurance can range significantly depending on the size of your business and the kind of work you do.
- Sample Workers' Compensation Insurance Quotes – In much of the country, Workers' Compensation Insurance is mandatory for any business with employees. This coverage protects business owners against costs associated with workplace illness and injuries. The cost of Workers' Comp coverage depends on the number of employees a business has, tax classification of those employees (W-2 vs. 1099), the type of work they're doing, and more.
- Average Fidelity Bond (aka Third-Party Employee Dishonesty Insurance) Costs – This type of insurance protects business owners against employee fraud or dishonesty that leads to loss or damage. The cost of a Fidelity Bond will depend in part on the type of information you and your employees handle.
Get Liability Insurance Quotes for Your Business
Of course, the cost of insurance will vary depending on the type of business and number of employees, among a few other factors. If you have any questions about the cost of your small business insurance, fill out an application for insurance. You will be surprised at how much money you can save by using TechInsurance. It only takes a few minutes, and its 100% free.
We can get your free small business insurance quotes within hours instead of days. Our quick, easy application process lets small businesses compare insurance quotes from up to 9 different carriers same-day.