- Because so many of your clients' IT systems are mission-critical, the risk of professional liability is high for the IT profession. Every IT firm's risk management strategy should include professional liability insurance, which pays for legal costs and settlements if one of your clients should sue you over a real or perceived error or omission.
- To help keep your workers' comp premiums manageable, take the time to estimate your workforce projections as accurately as you can. If they're off, you could end up spending more than you need to.
- Most Iowa businesses are required to carry workers' compensation coverage. If you skip it, and one of your employees should get hurt, you could be ordered to pay benefits or damages in a civil action.
Get a free quote now, with no obligation.
While Iowa has made a name for itself as the "Food Capital of the World," there's a lot of other business happening in this state beyond agriculture. Iowa is home to a diverse and thriving economy, with successful businesses ranging from financial services to manufacturing, green energy and biotechnology 1 —all businesses that are heavily dependent on technology. Urban centers are growing 2, 3, and unemployment is lower than most of the rest of the nation, 4 making this heartland state a great place to establish an IT services operation. Protect all that you have invested in your business with commercial insurance from TechInsurance, including professional liability, general liability, property coverage and workers' comp insurance. Trust the technology insurance experts at TechInsurance to get you the coverage you need, fast, at a great rate.
Weather the Storm in Iowa
Iowans are no strangers to harsh weather, facing an average of 37 tornadoes and 50 days of thunderstorms every year. 5 This is one state where property and business interruption insurance is an absolute must for businesses of all sizes, due to the high risk of property damage during storm season. If you're not sure how much coverage your business really needs to protect your assets and income, contact the Iowa insurance experts at TechInsurance for a free risk evaluation.
Get fast, affordable coverage that's just the right fit for your IT business. Complete one online application and get your free, no-obligation quote fast. Choose the coverage you need, and we'll start your policy immediately.
If you're looking for any of the following types of insurance, we've got you covered:
You may have heard this type of coverage called a "BOP," or Business Owner's Policy. This policy packages general liability insurance with property coverage at one affordable rate, giving you protection if a client should be accidentally injured at your location or if one of your employees causes property damage or bodily injury at a client's site.
Commonly called "errors and omissions" or "E&O" insurance, this type of coverage protects you if your client should claim that mistakes, negligence or omissions you make on the job caused the client a financial loss. For professional services companies such as IT businesses, this is one type of insurance you shouldn't work without.
Many states require companies with employees to carry workers' comp insurance, which pays for medical care and disability coverage for your employees if they should suffer a work-related illness or injury.
If you have employees, you need EPLI. This type of insurance protects you in the event that one of your employees claims an employment practice violation, such as sexual harassment; wrongful termination; or gender, race or age discrimination.
STATE INSURANCE LINKS
- Piercing the Corporate Veil
A corporation is a legal entity created by or under the authority of the laws of a state. The corporation is distinct from the individuals who comprise it. That is, a corporation is distinct from its shareholders.
- Match Your Insurance to Your IT Business's Risks
When you're a technology professional shopping for business insurance, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the large number of available options. How do you determine what kinds of coverage you really need?