- As an IT professional, you know how easy it is for an IT project get derailed. It only takes one disgruntled client to spark a lawsuit—and one uninsured lawsuit is one too many. Protect your business with professional liability insurance, or E&O coverage, from TechInsurance.
- If you need to cover your employees with workers' compensation insurance, we can help. Contact TechInsurance for a free assessment, and we'll help ensure you're compliant with all applicable state employment laws.
- If your client contract calls for higher levels of coverage than comes standard with your general liability insurance, don't worry. You can purchase millions in additional coverage very affordably with an umbrella policy. Ask your TechInsurance agent for details.
Get a free quote now, with no obligation.
From Lexington to Louisville and all across this beautiful green state, Kentucky is rich with history and diversity. Many industries call Kentucky home, from energy to auto manufacturing, creating lots of opportunities for IT companies here. Protect your IT business and reduce your risk with commercial insurance from TechInsurance. Whether you need professional liability or property coverage, general liability or workers' comp, we've got you covered. If you're not sure what type of insurance protection would be a good fit for your IT business, contact us for a free, no-obligation needs evaluation.
Kentucky Workers' Comp, Clarified
Kentucky's workers' compensation requirements encompass about 1.7 million employees working for about 80,000 employers in the state. 1 If you're one of them, you may be among the many who find the state's workers' comp laws confusing. TechInsurance's Kentucky workers' comp experts are happy to talk with you to help make sense of Kentucky's workers' compensation laws, and can also offer some ideas for ways to keep your workers' comp premiums low. Contact us for a free needs assessment today.
Get fast, affordable coverage that's just the right fit for your IT business. Complete one online application and get your free, no-obligation quote fast. Choose the coverage you need, and we'll start your policy immediately.
If you're looking for any of the following types of insurance, we've got you covered:
You may have heard this type of coverage called a "BOP," or Business Owner's Policy. This policy packages general liability insurance with property coverage at one affordable rate, giving you protection if a client should be accidentally injured at your location or if one of your employees causes property damage or bodily injury at a client's site.
Commonly called "errors and omissions" or "E&O" insurance, this type of coverage protects you if your client should claim that mistakes, negligence or omissions you make on the job caused the client a financial loss. For professional services companies such as IT businesses, this is one type of insurance you shouldn't work without.
Many states require companies with employees to carry workers' comp insurance, which pays for medical care and disability coverage for your employees if they should suffer a work-related illness or injury.
If you have employees, you need EPLI. This type of insurance protects you in the event that one of your employees claims an employment practice violation, such as sexual harassment; wrongful termination; or gender, race or age discrimination.
1. Kentucky Department of Workers' Claims: Labor Department: Workers' Claims
- Contracts to Start Your New Client Relationship off Right
Congratulations! You've won the business with a new IT client and are ready to get to work. To start this new business relationship with clear expectations, it's time to define your scope of work, set your payment and pricing terms to ensure you get paid fairly...
- Do's and Don't's for Making Professional Liability Claims
You're working on an IT project for a client, and something goes terribly wrong. Your client isn't happy, and you know there's a good chance that you'll take the blame for a big financial loss.